- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced zucchini (1 small)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender, but not mushy, for around 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, mint, basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a grinding of pepper; increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, until moisture has evaporated, for around 30 to 60 seconds.
- Whisk the eggs, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and a grinding of pepper in a large bowl until blended. Add the zucchini mixture and cheese; stir to combine. Wipe out the skillet.
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush the skillet with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil; heat over medium-low heat. Pour in the frittata mixture and cook, without stirring, until the bottom is lightly golden, for around 2 to 4 minutes. As it cooks, lift the edges and tilt the pan so the raw egg will flow to the edges.
- Place the skillet under the broiler and broil until the frittata is set and the top is golden, 1 ½ to 2 ½ minutes. Loosen the edges and slide onto a platter. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Fat: 76%
- Carbohydrates: 8%
- Protein: 17%
Keywords: fertility diet, fertility food, low carb diet, dinner, Zucchini, Frittata