- 1 duck (5 lbs)
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper
FOR THE MASH
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp full fat cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups watercress
- Preheat oven to 500 F
- Sprinkle the duck with salt and pepper. Remove all visible fat, and with a fork prick the skin all over without piercing the meat.
- Place on a rack in a roasting pan and roast for 40 min. Reduce the oven heat to 400F and roast, until thigh juices run clear, for about 30 minutes.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until softened, for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer half the cauliflower to a food processor; cover and blend on high. Add remaining cauliflower florets, one at a time, until vegetables are creamy. Blend in garlic, Parmesan cheese, butter, cream, salt, and black pepper.
- When the duck is ready remove from the oven, carve and serve immediately with the cauliflower mash and the watercress.
- Fat: 65%
- Carbohydrates: 12%
- Protein: 23%
Keywords: roast, roast duck, garlic, gauliflower, mash, watercress, Fertility diet, low carb diet, fertility foods