- 4 oz of chicken livers, cleaned from veins and ligaments.
- 1 small onion or young white onion
- 2 tbsp of butter or ghee
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 oz of baby kale leaves (any kind of kale)
- 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- For the chicken liver:
- In a medium skillet melt the butter or ghee.
- Add the onion sliced thinly and cook gently on a low flame until soft
- Pat livers dry with a towel or paper towel
- Raise the flame to high then add the chicken livers
- Saute for about 5 minutes before turning to the other side.
- Saute 2 or 3 more minutes until nicely browned but still pink inside. Sprinkle liberally with sea salt and black pepper.
- For the kale salad:
- While the liver is cooking wash the baby kale
- Dry the kale well
- Chop in small pieces with a good knife.
- Add the kale to a bowl and toss with the apple cider vinegar and salt
- Serve immediately together.
- Fat: 62%
- Carbohydrates: 15%
- Protein: 23%
Keywords: chicken, chicken liver, baby kale salad, kale salad, fertility foods, fertility diet, low carb