THE STIR FRY
- 2 chicken breast fillets.
- 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce.
- 1 tbsp fish sauce.
- 1 tbsp honey.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Juice of half a lime.
- 1 red chilli.
- 3 ½ oz chard
- 1 large courgette.
- 5 ½ oz brown rice.
- Small bunch of coriander.
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Gather all of your ingredients together. Get a medium saucepan on a high heat and get a wok, or large non-stick frying pan, ready. Put the kettle on to boil.
- Put the rice in a medium saucepan and pour in the freshly boiled water and a good pinch of salt. Cook according to the packet instructions.
- In the meantime, get a large mixing bowl and combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, honey and lime juice. Put aside.
- Slice a courgette into 5mm round. Remove the stalk from the chard and finely slice and roughly chop the leaves.
- On a separate board cut the chicken up into 2cm chunks.
- Put the wok on a medium-high heat. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil and when almost smoking add the chicken and cook until done, about 6 minutes. Remove from the oil. Add the other 1 tbsp of oil and put in the chili, chard stalks, then the courgette and finally the leaves. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in soy sauce mixture and return the chicken to the pan. Roughly chop the coriander and add to the stir fry.
- By now the rice should be ready. Drain and serve along with the chicken stir-fry. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and serve.
- Fat: 40%
- Carbohydrates: 32%
- Protein: 28%
Keywords: chicken stirfry, brown rice, low carb, high protein, fertility diet, fertility foods, low carb diet